Friday, April 25, 2014

PROM oh my

Well its that time of year, flowers are blooming, trees are getting their leaves, Spring is very much on its way along with PROM.

 Man its hard to believe that my son is 17.  Where did the time go. . 

My sons date sent him pictures of her dress so we could match his tie and get a corsage ready.  Has anyone priced out corsages ????  Holy Crap when you price out real flowers its $25-35 for one of those babies and that if you get a generic one (white flowers, and ribbon for color).  Its not very pretty if you ask me - which my son did and I told him we could make one for about $10.


   So off to the local hobby stores here to find the right colors and items that I needed and of course along with way I found some other treasures I couldn't live without.

Here is the final product







 
one sprig of fern leaves, one sprig of blue flowers, in the bridal isle we found a pearl bracelet that everything tied too and the small blue flowers and then navy and silver ribbon that is on the bottom and top.  Best part of all of this (as I am talking to my favorite designer at Michael's) she starts telling me all of the easy ways to put it together
  • take a pipe cleaner in a similar color and  twist into a figure 8
  • cut small pieces (about 2-3 inches long) of the  ribbon and twist another piece of pipe cleaner in the middle until its secure
  • cut a few leaves off the sprig of fern leaves attach to the figure 8 pipe cleaner
  • then attach the ribbon and then start to assemble the flowers building up and out (until you are happy with the arrangement).
The whole thing is put together with hot glue.  It took about 25 minutes to make.   All of the items where purchased at Michael's Crafts. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I have crafted, until next time Happy Crafting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment